Baby Sitter Training Offered by American Red Cross Tampa Bay
The Red Cross is offering babysitter training classes through March and April at its Tampa location.
The American Red Cross Tampa Bay Chapter is currently enrolling youth aged 11 to 15 years old to prepare them for babysitting by giving them the knowledge and confidence to care for infants and school-age children. The course combines video, activities, hands-on skills training and discussion for a complete learning experience.
Babysitter’s Training teaches youth how to:
- Respond to emergencies and illnesses with first aid, rescue breathing and other appropriate care
- Make decisions under pressure
- Communicate with parents to learn household rules
- Recognize safety and hygiene issues
- Manage young children
- Feed, diaper and care for infants
- Start their babysitting business
Courses are about six hours and generally take place on Saturdays. For a complete list of classes offered at the Tampa branch office, 3310 W Main Street go here: https://classes.redcross.org/Saba/Web_wdk/Main/learning/catalog/guestOffering.rdf