Wine for Women, Living Beyond Breast Cancer
Each week "Cheers, Westchase!" helps you kick off your weekend, highlighting either a beer, cocktail or wine you can find right here in the neighborhood.
To close out October and National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our pick of the week is a wine called Cashmere from Cline Cellars vineyard.
Says Napa Flair owner Luann Shapiro, "A silky blend of Mouvedre, Grenache, and Syrah, Cashmere has a velvety structure and mouthfeel with a great balance of ripe cherry, raspberry, and plum fruit flavors layered with intriguing spices and toast."
When it comes to food pairings, Cashmere is a versatile red that serves well as an accompaniment to grilled salmon, pork roast or duck.
Cline Cellars is a supporter of Living Beyond Breast Cancer. LBBC empowers women affected by breast cancer to live as long as possible with the best quality of life. Over the years, this organization has contributed more than $200,000 to various breast cancer foundations.
"From my own experience, when you are first diagnosed with breast cancer, finding answers is a high priority in deciding how best to deal with doctors and treatment," says Luann.
"I found Cashmere when I lived in Napa and have always loved that they are such strong supporters of LBBC."
What's the Buzz at Napa Flair this Fall?
- Friday Wine Tastings are held 5-8:30p.m., with the bar open until 10p.m.
- Napa Flair offers live music Saturday nights with wine and beer specials.
- Fall Wine Sale: Many wines are currently marked down 10-20 percent
- The valet in front of Grille 54 is complimenatry for Napa Flair patrons
- Luann teaches private wine classes for small groups, available is $20 per person for five wines