Free Raw Food Workshop; Gardening Seminar; Teen Group Meets: 5 Things To Know This Week, April 2-8
A lineup of some interesting and useful things happening this week in Westchase, Odessa, Keystone, Citrus Park and nearby areas.
- Teen Advisory Board Meets: Does your teen want to get involved in the community? The Teen Advisory Board helps plan teen programs for the library and earn community service hours for graduation, scholarships and more. Tuesday, April 3, 6pm-7:15pm. Upper Tampa Bay Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd.
- Master Gardener; The Frugal Gardener: Learn clever ways to save money while maintaining a Florida-Friendly Landscape. You'll learn how to reuse existing materials and get new ideas on shopping for plants and containers and decorating your garden.Tuesday, April 3, 6:30pm-7:30pm. Austin Davis Library, 17808 Wayne Rd in Odessa, Fla. For more information call the library: 813-273-3652.
- Westchase Community Development District meeting: This Westchase governing body meets Tuesday, April 3, 4pm. Swim & Tennis Center, 10405 Countryway Blvd in Tampa.
- Westfield Family Fun Day: This free program is offered by Citrus Park Mall and includes stories, snacks, crafts and more. Thursday, April 5, 4pm, Macy’s Court, Stories, snacks, crafts and more.
- Raw Foods Seminar: The This raw foods seminar features a video presentation of Dr. Neal Barnard, researcher, author and healt enthusiast, recommending foods to eat for health and providing tips on how to prepare them. A raw foods preparation demonstration will follow the video. Saturday, April 7, 2pm-4pm, Austin Davis Library, 17808 Wayne Rd in Odessa, Fla. For more information call the library: 813-273-3652.