Senior Tax Cuts, No Gun Buyback, Armed Security: Westchase Patch Week In Review
A look back at the week that was...
- Are you or someone you know a senior whose home is valued at less than $250,000? You may qualify for a newly approved tax exemption.
- Hillsborough County Commissioners voted not to move forwrad with a gun buyback program. However officials will be forming a task force to study gun violence prevention and public safety.
- A Bryant Elementary student will be competing for a chance to win Justin Bieber tickets with an original recipe. Read about the student and her recipe.
- Health officials are calling this year the worst in terms of flu outbreak. Have you gotten a flu shot yet?
- This week Hillsborough County Superintendent MaryEllen Elia has a plan that calls for a review by a security expert, and an additional 130 armed personnel at Hillsborough Schools.