Volere: Wine in a Handbag?!
Each week "Cheers, Westchase!" helps you kick off your weekend, highlighting either a beer, cocktail or wine you can find right here in the neighborhood.
For the wine-loving fashionista, here's a new accessory to toast to: Volére. It's a wine that comes in the shape of a handbag, complete with a carrying strap.
This fun and unique beverage can be found at Napa Flair for $16.99. The wine producer is Cantina di Soave from Italy’s Veneto region and each purse holds 1.5 liters (two bottles worth) of boxed wine.
Napa Flair owner LuAnn Shapiro says, "This is a good wine and I think it's perfect to bring along for a day of boating or a picnic."
Reasons we love Volére:
- Boxed wine keeps fresh much longer because no oxygen can get inside -- it can keep for up to 4 to 6 weeks!
- The handbag makes a great hostess gift (and conversation piece!) for a bridal shower or dinner get-together with girlfriends.
- We've never seen anything like it before.
Curently Volére comes in three varietals:
1) Pinot Grigio: This has crisp flavors of apple and white pear that lead to a long, elegant finish.
2) Merlot/Pinot Noir: This blend is a combination of red fruits, cherries, strawberries, and fragrant spices like vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves.
3) Rosè: This features an intense bouquet of wild strawberry, raspberry and rose petals.
Napa Flair holds regular wine tasting events and private wine classes; check their Facebook page for times and details. These classes are perfect for a couples' night out or leisurely Saturday girls' day.
LuAnn teaches these classes and from her time spent learning and tasting all the best that Napa Valley has to offer, she carries a wealth of wine knowledge. One of her greatest joys is sharing what she knows and loves about wine with others.
Whether you enjoy an occasional glass, or consider yourself an advanced "wineau" -- give Volére a try, if nothing else, for the novelty of it! It's sure to be the talk of your next party, and away to support a neighborhood business, somehting that we can all raise a glass to.