If you are like me you have obviously been hearing about Twitter for the past year and it is usually from pretty much everyone you know. I found “tweeting” and “twits” to be somewhat exhaustive and just one more thing I would have to do in my day, but I have to admit I was curious. It wasn’t until I became serious about promoting my freelance writing and upcoming novel that I realized the power of Twitter.
1. Connections-People need to feel connected to other people and Twitter allows that aspect and opens up a world of possibilities that we normally wouldn’t have access to. Writers have direct access to publishers, other authors, writers, editors, and even marketing companies to keep up on the latest trends and industry news. Twitter can also bring an element of being a fan and having a way to see what your favorite celebrity, comedian, music artist, or authors are saying or working on in their professional lives. Never before have fans been able to stay so connected to these artists and industries. Can you imagine if Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley had a Twitter? It would be crashed everyday due to overload of data, but I think they do have Twitter now, but its’ just not them Tweeting. Isn’t that amazing?
2. Promotion-On the flip side all these professionals can use their “followers” to promote their latest projects, movies, books, and athletic events to get the buzz going for ratings, sales, and of course money. It’s a marketing genius idea to tell the 10,000 Twitter followers what movie is opening up soon and with a push of a button it is out there for all of them and the world to see. It’s really an amazing aspect.
3. Instant Gratification & Recognition- When the promoter gives out this information about what’s coming next, or to check out this movie, or upcoming album, etc. The fans or followers can then respond with their opinions, feedback, questions, and responses. It is fast and effective to see what people are feeling about the product or subject. Businesses and companies like to know how customers feel and react to their products and if they are happy. Celebrities I would assume enjoy hearing from their fans about their work.
4. The Fun Aspect-Twitter allows you to upload and personalize your page with your own photos or preselected and premade options to give it personality that is conducive to you and your brand, business, or reflective just how you feel that day. Connecting with your friends, family, hobbies, professional aspects, and a whole world of opportunities it can be quite fun to interact with daily. I sometimes find myself thinking of things to Tweet through out the day and looking forward to seeing if anyone commented or had anything to say.
5. It’s Become the Way of Life-Twitter has changed how every industry does business and how people connect and communicate on a daily basis. Music Artist, Athletes, Comedians, Authors, Publishers, Chefs, Journalist, and even the government and President are on Twitter staying connected, keeping in touch with the pulse and heart of what people are saying and feeling. Social media is the future and Twitter is just the beginning.
Do you use twitter if so follow me on @LexiKendall2
Until Next Time,