I have been so busy these past few weeks with preparing for the new addition to our family and also getting my five year old son ready for his big transition to kindergarten, that I haven't had time to sit down with my most favorite guilty pleasure...fashion magazines.
Sitting down with these magazines is something I like to do when I am alone or at least have quiet time. Lately I haven't had either of those, so this past week I have finally gotten the time to sit, relax, and absorb all that the September issues have predicted and pronounced are the fall trends.
This is my most favorite time of the year because of the upcoming holidays, changing of the seasons, and also the change in fashion, and I have scoured the glossy pages of the fashion bibles for the most exciting previews of high fashion and all the designers have put into the season. I picked my most coveted trends that I find exciting and totally wearable for the upcoming season.
1. Hunter Green - I am seeing this trend everywhere! I am loving this color because not only does it almost flatter every skin tone and hair color, but it is totally wearable in so many different ways. This season since I am pregnant and not due until October I am trying to incorporate this dark shade of emerald in suble ways. I am obsessed with Essie's new color Stylenomics from the Fall 2012 collection. I am currently wearing it on my hands and feet and I have to say that it is dark, mysterious but very chic.
2. Rich Buttery Colors and Textures - I am drooling over Burberry 2012 Pre-Fall Collection. They are by far one of my favorite designers, but actually owning some of these amazing pieces isn't realistic for me, so I use them for fashion inspiration. My go to piece that I love from their collection? I love the new Orchard Bag which is elegant, luxurious and functional at the same time. I am on the hunt for a bag that reminds me of the Orchard Bag for my closet and I think I found a few for the more budget friendly. MICHAEL Michael Kors "Mocha Bedford Large Satchel" is absolutely beautiful. Its rich buttery leather and gold hardware make this bag stunning. Secondly, The London Fog "Suffolk" Vinyl Handbag is a close comparison with style and functionality and at a smaller price point. Both bags are equally fashion worthy and I can't decide. Big surprise!
3. Black Denim - Last season it was all about dark denim especially in the skinny jean, but this year its the black jean that is stepping out. I personally love the black denim but I am crazy about it in black skinny jean. I love pairing the black denim with grey for a monogromatic look with a black pump or ballet flat that could go from day to night. For jeans that fit my body type, I shop at Ann Taylor Loft and they have they perfect modern black skinny to add to my wardrobe.
4. Minimal Leopord Print - This exotic print is used very sparingly throughout falls trends, but it is still incorporated in a minimalist kind of way. I like the idea of wearing my black skinny jeans and these leopard print ballet flats from ALDO for a chic and fun day time look. I like to walk on the wild side sometimes!
5. Fall for Scent of the Season - I usually change up my perfume or scent as the seasons and weather changes. I am a fan of mixing earthy, wooded, or vanilla scents with fruity fragrances. The rich scents just remind me of this time of year. I am lusting after Balenciaga's "Florabotanica" Eau de Parfum. Hints of mint, amber, and wood make this a modern choice for a fall fragrance.
Do you have any fall fashion must haves that you can't wait to try? Let me know what they are! Stay tuned there will be more about fall in the coming weeks!
Until Next Time,