Oktoberfest is one of the most famous German events and is the world's largest fair, with more than 6 million people from around the world attending annually.
Held in Munich, it's a 16-day festival of Bavarian culture celebrating one primary beverage: beer. Sounds like a good time, doesn't it?
Lucky for us, we can get a taste of the fun as we have our own local version. WOBtoberfest happens at World of Beer Westchase Oct. 19-21.
And our Cheers, Westchase pick of the week is the beer that's star of the festival: Warsteiner Oktoberfest.
- Warsteiner Oktoberfest is amber in color with a full-bodied flavor that combines a nice balance of hops and rich maltiness.
- The result is a smooth and "festive" taste experience.
- Availability of Oktoberfest is limited to the fall season.
- It's brewed according to German Purity Law of 1516 -- meaning no chemicals, additives or preservatives ae used.
- The 5th annual WOBtoberfest Annual Beer and Music Festival is a 3-day celebration October 19-21, Friday-Sunday.
- It's held in the field beside World of Beer.
- Craft-brewed Octoberfest and Marzens from Cigar City, Samuel Adams and the Dunedin Brewery will be on tap, along with food from local vendors and three days full of live music.
- Friday's Music Lineup: One Mile Final, Early Morning Project, Chris Nathan and more
- Saturday's Music Lineup: Ken Apperson, Audea, Shakemode, The Black Honkeys, and more.
If you've been in years past, you know WOBtoberfest is an event not to be missed. As the weather (starts) to cool off, there is no better way to spend part of your weekend enjoying a craft brewed beer while enjoying live music with your neighborhood crew. We raise a beer stein to you: Cheers, Westchase!