My mom has passed on many yummy recipes to my sisters and I, but this one is an all-time favorite every Thanksgiving!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 large eggs
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes - boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter - melted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter - cut in pieces
- 12 pecan halves for garnish
Heat oven to 350
Grease a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes until blended. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
Spread evenly in prepared baking dish.
Mix sugar, flour and nuts in a medium bowl. Work in butter with hands until well blended.
Sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
Bake 60 - 70 minutes until tipping is browned and bubbling.
Garnish with pecan halves
approx. 12 servings