Find your evacuation zone and make a plan now. Determining your evacuation zone, nearest shelters and hotels only takes a couple of minutes with the resources from the Hillsborough County Emergency Management team and website.
Hillsborough County has five evacuation zones:
- A (Red) - Potential storm tide height to 8 feet.
- B (Orange) - Potential storm tide height to 15 feet.
- C (Yellow) - Potential storm tide height to 21 feet.
- D (Green) - Potential storm tide height to 29 feet.
- E (Purple) - Potential storm tide height to 33 feet.
To find out what evacuation zone you live in, enter your address on the Hillsborough County Emergency Management website. Print the results if you can. It may even be wise to email the results to family or friends living nearby or out of state. This may help if you lose or misplace the list during an evacuation.
If you are unable to look up your zone online, refer to the county’s evacuation zone map.
People living in a mobile home must evacuate, even if they are not located in an evacuation zone.
There are more than 60 shelters in Hillsborough County. Not all of them are activated for every storm and not all are special needs or pet friendly. Check out the complete list on the Hillsborough County Emergency Management's website to plan ahead if you need a specialized shelter.
The closest shelters to Westchase include:
- Hammond Elementary School, 8008 N. Mobley Rd., Odessa
- Steinbrenner High School, 5575 Lutz Lake Fern Road
All of the information has been provided by the Hillsborough County Office of Emergency Management. For more information, download and print the 2012 Hurricane Guide or visit the Office of Emergency Management online.