- Powerpoint for Kids: Gruesome Grub - Get in the spirit of the spookiest season of the year by making a slide show featuring some awesomely Gruesome Grub. Free. Oct. 8, 4:00pm-5:00pm at the Upper Tampa Bay Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd.
- Vegetarian Cooking - Learn to prepare healthy vegetarian food with Debby DeGraaff, natural foods chef and author of Light and Lean Vegetarian Cuisine, and Clean and Green Vegetarian Cuisine. DeGraaff will demonstrate basic food preparation for healthy eating and share samples of prepared vegetarian dishes. Free. Oct. 8, 7:00p.m.-8:00p.m. at the Upper Tampa Bay Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd.
- Puppet Show Golden Goose - hen the youngest of three sons sets off to cut wood in the forest, he shares what little food he has with an old woman. As a result of his kindness, he finds a golden goose. Witness how the goose helps him make his fortune, win the hand of the princess, and inherit the kingdom. Follow this journey as actors and puppets use the help of the audience to unfold the story. Free. Oct. 10, 3:30pm-4:05pm. at the Austin Davis Library, 1708 Wayne Road.
- Tai Chi - Tai Chi reduces stress and increases alertness, flexibility and stamina. This class accomodates students of varying capabilities, from those participating from a chair due to injury to those studying in preparation to teach. Birdsall modifies each movement to meet the individual needs of each student. Comfortable clothing should be worn for these sessions. Free. Oct. 10, 1:30pm-2:30pm at the Upper Tampa Bay Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd.
- Master Gardner Water Wise Workshop - Learn several ways to conserve water in a Florida landscape. Information is provided on lawn, landscape and irrigation tips and micro-irrigation. Free. Oct. 10, 6:30pm-7:30pm at the Upper Tampa Bay Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something