- Book Signing with Bob Samuels - Hear from this Tampa banking pioneer, civil and human rights activist, and national prostate cancer awareness spokesperson as he discusses his memoir, "Don't Tell Me I Can't," at on Tuesday, May 16 at 6:30pm. 17808 Wayne Rd. in Tampa.
- Public Hearing - Hillsborough County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on its comprehensive plan on Thursday, May 17, 6pm in the second floor boardroom of the County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in Tampa.
- The Westchase Area Business Association - This group's monthly meeting will be on Thursday, May 17, 6:30pm at Tampa Crossfit Next Level Training Center 12720 Dupont Circle in Tampa.
- Lost World Reptiles - The Upper Tampa Bay Regional Public Library welcomes Gino Sassani of Lost World Reptiles, who will present live reptiles in this educational program on Thursday, May 17 at 4:30 p.m.
Upper Tampa Bay Regional Public Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd. in Tampa
- Westfield Citrus Park Family Fun Day - Enjoy story time and crafting during this free event at the mall. The story "Is There Really a Human Race?" by Jamie Lee Curtis and "Duck on a Bike" by David Shannon will be followed up with a decorate your own backpack craft. Thursday, May 17, 4pm-5:30pm, in the Macy's Court at the mall, 8021 Citrus Park Town Center. For more information call: 813-9260-4644.