1. Farnell Family F.I.T. Night - Everyone is welcome to the school for basketball, boxing, volleyball, pilates and healthy snacks during this family fitness night. To participate stop by the registration desk and get a Farnell Family FIT Night Membership Card to participate. Subway Sandwiches, Sun Chips and Drinks will be available for sale. 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Tuesday Sept. 18. Farnell Middle School, 13912 Nine Eagles Drive Tampa, Fl. For more information call 813-356-1640.
2. Tai Chi With Bonnie Birdsall - Tai Chi reduces stress and increases alertness, flexibility and stamina. This class accommodates students of varying capabilities. Birdsall modifies each movement to meet the individual needs of each student. Comfortable clothing should be worn for these sessions. 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept.19. Upper Tampa Bay Library, 11211 Countryway Blvd. Tampa, Fl. For more information call 813-273-3652.
3. Talk Like A Pirate Day - Shiver me timbers, it's a pirate party! Put on your best pirate costume and head over to the library for pirate stories, games, and trivia for International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Be there, or be prepared to walk the plank! 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19. 11211 Countryway Blvd. Tampa, Fl. For more information call 813-273-3652.
4. Westfield Family Fun Day - Celebrate "Fantastic Fall" as kids explore colorful leaves and enjoy the first weeks of school. The story is "If You Take a Mouse to School" by Laura Numeroff, then kids will go on an adventure with the modern classic "Knuffle Bunny Free: A Cautionary Tale" by Mo Willems. Kids will even get in the spirit by making their own sock puppet. 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20 in the Macy's Court. 8021 Citrus Park Drive Tampa Fl. For more information call 813-926-4644.
5. Westchase Area Business Association Meeting - Take part in this monthly networking event with the business owners and community leaders in the Westchase area. Open to the public. 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. at Venus & Mars Day Spa, 11614 Countryway Blvd, Tampa, Fl. For more information visit WABA on Facebook.