who use the Veterans Expressway to get around town might want to keep their
eyes open for these upcoming changes in traffic flow during the week of Sept.
- Hillsborough Avenue’s southbound on-ramp will close for paving and other work between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Tuesday, Sept. 10. Traffic will be routed along West Eisenhower Boulevard to the next on-ramp. When final striping takes place, the permanent closing of the Ramp B SunPass Only Lane will take place, leaving only a single toll lane.
- Westbound Hillsborough Avenue will close between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. through Sept. 13 for final bridge demolition work. Traffic will route along Benjamin Road to Waters Avenue to Hanley Road and then back to Hillsborough.
- Eastbound traffic along Hillsborough Avenue will also find the road closed during the hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. through Friday, Sept. 13. Traffic will flow along West Eisenhower Boulevard to Memorial Highway to East Eisenhower and then back to Hillsborough.
- The northbound on-ramp at Gunn Highway will close during the nighttime hours through Sept. 12.
- The southbound off-ramp at Gunn will also close.
- The southbound off-ramp at Hutchison Road will close in the overnight hours through Sept. 12.
Work is part of an ongoing $386 million widening project on an 11-mile stretch of the expressway. Some closings also relate to a project that will transform the expressway into an all-electric tolling roadway.