For the second time this year, Gov. Mitt Romney will make a campaign stop in St. Petersburg. On Friday evening, Romney will speak at the St. Petersburg Pier Park, 550 2nd Ave. NE St.
Here's what you need to know if you make the drive over to check out the Republican hopeful:
Where to Park for Romney's St. Pete Rally
- There is metered parking along the pier on 2nd Avenue NE as well as two parking lots with pay machines
- Surrounding downtown streets, such as Beach Drive, Bayshore and 5th Avenue NE also have metered parking with two hour limits
- Parking garages are located downtown and cost $1 per hour.
How to get Tickets for Romney's St. Pete Rally
- Tickets are free, but you must RSVP online. You can register up to eight people at a time.
Security Measures Announced for Romney Rally
- All attendees, according to a news release, will go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible.
- No bags, sharp objects, umbrellas, liquids, or signs will be allowed in the venue.
- Cameras ARE allowed
What Time To Arrive at Romney Rally in St. Petersburg
- Doors open at 3:30 p.m., but if you wish to parking along the pier approach on in the pier parking lots, it is advised you get there early.
- The event is set to begin at 5:45 p.m.
Are you planning to go? What do you hope to hear Gov. Romney say? Let us know in the comments section.