This Courtside Grill is one of two in the Tampa Bay area; the other is in St. Petersburg. Courtside Grill is an upscale sports bar; tables and booths are set around a large, U-shaped bar and there are dozens of big screen TVs so you can catch every game. The food is a little more sophisticated than your average sports venue. Appetizers include the standard wings and nachos, but also a fish spread and jumbo mushrooms stuffed with jalapeno cream cheese and spices, baked or fried. Salads include two chopped options and an Iceberg Wedge. For entrees there is an array of sandwiches and burgers, plus steaks and fish. The owners include former NBA star and Tampa Bay native Matt Geiger. The Westchase location has an outdoor basketball court and a game room for kids.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 11am - 10pm; Thur, 11am - 11pm; Fri - Sat, 11am - midnight; Sun, 9am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Typical sports bar fare but with a few curves thrown in. Good happy hour specials.
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Two different chopped salads and an Iceberg wedge salad.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Philly Steaks, Sandwiches
- Signature dishes: Blackened mahi tacos, pork ribs, Caribbean glazed salmon.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Courtside Sirloin, 6 or 12 ounces, with vegetables and a twice-backed potato.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Brunch, Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual.